Wroxham tide times
Wroxham tide times
Over 700 locations available
Things to see and do near Wroxham
If you're planning a visit to Wroxham, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Boat Trip – Explore the picturesque Wroxham Broad, the largest and most popular broad in the Norfolk Broads. Take a leisurely boat trip around the broad and take in the beautiful scenery and get close to some of the local wildlife.
- Waterside Pub – Enjoy a riverside lunch or dinner at the popular Ferry Inn pub, which offers a fantastic selection of local food and drinks.
- Animal Park – Visit Wroxham Barns, with its farm animals and owls, as well as indoor and outdoor play areas, which makes it a great day out for the whole family.
- Fishing – The Wroxham Angling Club offers a wide range of fishing opportunities, from leisurely day trips to competitive matches.
- Wildlife Watching – Keep your eyes peeled and you might spot some of the local wildlife, such as kingfishers, otters, muntjac deer, and even the occasional seal.
- Cycling – Take a leisurely cycle ride along the River Bure or the Broads.
- Shopping – Shop till you drop at the Wroxham Shopping Arcade, where you’ll find a variety of local shops and galleries.
- Golf – Tee off at the Wroxham Golf Club, designed by the renowned golf course architect, Stanley Anderson.
- Birdwatching – Birdwatchers flock to the area to spot some of the rare species that can be found here, including marsh harriers and bitterns.
- Hire a Boat – Cruise around the waterways in your own private boat and take in the sights of Wroxham and the surrounding area.
- Watersports – Enjoy some adrenaline-pumping watersports such as kayaking, canoeing, sailing, and windsurfing.
- Historical Sites – Visit the medieval church of St Mary’s, and discover some of the area’s other historical sites, such as the ruins of St Benet’s Abbey.
- Picnics – Pack a picnic and take the day to explore the area and find the perfect spot to enjoy your lunch.
- Art Galleries – Explore the local art galleries, such as the Wroxham Art Gallery, and take home a souvenir.
- Plantation Garden – Take a stroll through the Plantation Garden, where you’ll find a variety of trees, shrubs, and flowers.
There are many things to see and do near Wroxham. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!