If you're planning a visit to Horning, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Visit Horning Windpump – Horning Windpump is a Grade II listed building located by the River Bure. It’s the only surviving windpump in Norfolk and is open to the public to explore.
- Explore Ranworth Broad – Ranworth Broad is a large nature reserve located in the Broads National Park. With a variety of wildlife, including otters, water voles and marsh harriers, it’s a great spot for bird-watching and boating.
- Try a Broads Cruise – Take a boat tour around the Broads National Park and explore the network of rivers and lakes. Enjoy the views of the surrounding countryside and spot some local wildlife.
- Visit Horning Church – The beautiful Church of St Benet is a Grade I listed building located in Horning. It’s the oldest church in the village and is well worth a visit.
- Enjoy a Walk Around Horning – Take a leisurely stroll around the village of Horning and admire the thatched cottages, winding lanes and beautiful river views.
- Get Creative at Horning Art Gallery – Horning Art Gallery is a local gallery showcasing the work of local and international artists. Take part in the regular art classes and workshops and get creative.
- Visit the Staithe – Horning’s village staithe is a popular spot for boating, fishing and swimming. Enjoy a day out in the sunshine and explore the river by boat.
- Try Your Hand at Canoeing – Rent a canoe and explore the Broads National Park from the water. With a variety of wildlife to spot, it’s a great way to spend an afternoon.
- Go Bird-Watching – The Broads National Park is home to a variety of birdlife, including terns, swans, ducks and geese. Take a trip to the local bird sanctuary and spot some of the local species.
- Visit the Local Pubs – There are a number of traditional pubs in the village of Horning, perfect for sampling some local ales and ciders.
- Visit the Local Markets – Horning has a number of local farmers’ markets, where you can buy local produce and crafts.
- Take a Trip to Wroxham – Wroxham is a small town located nearby, with plenty of shops, restaurants and attractions to explore.
- Go Fishing – There are a number of fishing spots in the area, perfect for catching a variety of fish, including carp and pike.
- Visit the Local Museums – Horning has a number of local museums, including the Horning Heritage Centre, the Norfolk Broads Museum and the Norwich Castle Museum.
- Take a Trip to Norwich – Head to Norwich, the nearest city, and explore the historic streets, sample the local cuisine and visit the array of attractions.
- Enjoy a Day at the Beach – Take a trip to the nearby beach and enjoy a spot of sunbathing and swimming.
There are many things to see and do near Horning. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!