If you're planning a visit to Great Yarmouth (Britannia Pier), you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Visit Britannia Pier – Great Yarmouth's Britannia Pier is a great place to start your exploration of the area. There you can take a tour of the pier, enjoy the amusements, take a ride on the ferris wheel and much more.
- Explore the Seaside – With its sandy beaches, Great Yarmouth is the perfect place to relax and enjoy the seaside. There are plenty of activities to do too, such as beach volleyball, sandcastle building, kayaking and fishing.
- Visit Sea Life Centre – The Sea Life Centre in Great Yarmouth is a great place to visit to learn more about marine life. Here you can see a variety of fish, turtles, penguins and other sea creatures.
- Enjoy a Boat Trip – From Great Yarmouth, you can take a boat trip to explore the Norfolk Broads or take a cruise along the coast. You can also try your hand at sailing or windsurfing.
- Take a Trip to Pleasurewood Hills – Pleasurewood Hills is a theme park located near Great Yarmouth. Here you can enjoy plenty of rides and attractions, including rollercoasters, water rides, a carousel and more.
- Visit the Nelson Museum – The Nelson Museum in Great Yarmouth is a great place to learn more about the life of Admiral Horatio Nelson. Here you can find artefacts, paintings and photographs related to the Admiral's life.
- Explore the Time & Tide Museum – The Time & Tide Museum in Great Yarmouth is a great place to learn more about the history of the area. Here you can find artefacts, photographs and stories related to the fishing industry and the town's maritime heritage.
- Take a Tour of the Town – Take a walking tour of Great Yarmouth to explore the town and its history. You can visit some of the town's attractions, such as the Time & Tide Museum, the Nelson Museum and the Sea Life Centre.
- Visit the Great Yarmouth Racecourse – The Great Yarmouth Racecourse is a popular venue for horse racing. Here you can watch the races or take a tour of the facilities.
- Enjoy a Day at the Zoo – The Africa Alive zoo in Great Yarmouth is a great place to visit with the family. Here you can find a variety of animals, such as lions, zebras, giraffes and more.
- Take a Trip to the Beach – Great Yarmouth has plenty of sandy beaches to explore. Here you can spend the day sunbathing, swimming and playing beach volleyball.
- Visit the Maritime Festival – The Great Yarmouth Maritime Festival is held every year in September. Here you can find a variety of attractions, such as displays of boats, music and fireworks.
- Explore the Market Place – The Market Place in Great Yarmouth is a great place to explore. Here you can find a variety of shops, restaurants, cafes and more.
- Visit the Thrigby Hall Wildlife Gardens – The Thrigby Hall Wildlife Gardens is a great place to visit to learn more about wildlife. Here you can find a variety of animals, including tigers, lions, monkeys and more.
- Take a Trip to the Broads – The Norfolk Broads is a great place to explore by boat. Here you can find a variety of wildlife and enjoy some of the beautiful scenery.
There are many things to see and do near Great Yarmouth (Britannia Pier). Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!