If you're planning a visit to Stalham, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Shopping – Stalham offers a variety of shopping opportunities, from small boutiques to larger department stores. The main shopping area is in the centre of the town, with an array of independent shops and cafes.
- Stalham Staithe – A beautiful spot located on the edge of the Norfolk Broads, Stalham Staithe is a great place to relax and enjoy the scenery. There are plenty of activities available, such as fishing and boating, as well as a children’s playground and a grass area for picnics.
- The Museum of the Broads – Located in the centre of Stalham, the Museum of the Broads showcases the history of the Norfolk Broads and the surrounding area. It features a range of interactive displays and activities, making it a great place to learn about the area.
- Stalham Windmill – A Grade II listed building, Stalham Windmill is a traditional brick-built windmill dating back to the 18th century. It still functions as a working mill, producing a variety of flours and cereals, and offers tours of the windmill and its machinery.
- Norfolk Wildlife Trust – Just a short drive from Stalham, the Norfolk Wildlife Trust offers a range of wildlife-based activities, from guided walks and birdwatching to nature trails and educational talks. It’s a great place to spend a day outdoors, learning about the local wildlife.
- Stalham Town Hall – Built in 1883, the Town Hall is a beautiful building located in the centre of Stalham. It offers a range of activities, including concerts, theatre performances, and a variety of other events.
- Hickling Broad – Just a short drive from Stalham, Hickling Broad is a large expanse of open water surrounded by reed beds. It’s a great place to enjoy a peaceful day out, with plenty of activities available such as birdwatching, fishing, and boating.
- The Norfolk Coast Path – Stretching from Great Yarmouth to Hunstanton, the Norfolk Coast Path is a stunning trail which passes through the area. Taking in the stunning coastline and countryside, it’s a great way to explore the area and take in some stunning views.
- The Royal Norfolk Show – An annual event held in June, the Royal Norfolk Show is a great way to experience rural life in the county. With a range of activities and attractions, it’s a great day out for all the family.
- Horsey Windpump – Located just a few miles from Stalham, the Horsey Windpump is a Grade II listed building and one of the oldest windpumps in the country. It’s a great place to take a stroll and admire the traditional machinery.
- The Broads National Park – The largest protected wetland in the UK, the Broads National Park is an area of stunning natural beauty. There are plenty of activities to do, from exploring the wetlands to making the most of the area’s many walking and cycling trails.
- Wroxham Barns – Just a short drive from Stalham, Wroxham Barns is a great day out for all the family. It features a range of attractions, including a wildlife centre, a garden centre, a model railway, and a play area.
- The Broads Authority – Located in Stalham, the Broads Authority is a great place to learn more about the area and its wildlife. It offers a range of activities and talks, as well as guided walks and boat trips.
- The Muckleburgh Collection – The Muckleburgh Collection is a museum of military vehicles, located just outside Stalham. It features a range of vehicles from the First and Second World Wars, as well as a range of aircraft and tanks.
- How Hill National Nature Reserve – Located south of Stalham, How Hill National Nature Reserve is a great place to explore the stunning Norfolk countryside. With a range of activities available, from birdwatching to canoeing, it’s a great place to spend a day.
There are many things to see and do near Stalham. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!