If you're planning a visit to Blakeney Quay, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Visit Blakeney Point Nature Reserve – A prominent landmark on the North Norfolk Coast, Blakeney Point Nature Reserve provides a wonderful opportunity to explore a wild and beautiful environment. It is home to a colony of Common and Grey Seals, and is also a great spot for bird watching.
- Take a Boat Trip – Enjoy a leisurely boat trip from Morston Quay to Blakeney Point to explore the nature reserve. You may even spot some seals.
- Visit Cley Marshes Nature Reserve – Cley Marshes Nature Reserve is one of the most important wetland sites in England, offering a variety of habitats for a huge range of wildlife.
- Explore the Local Villages – The villages of Blakeney, Cley, Wiveton and Morston are all within easy reach of Blakeney and offer a great opportunity to explore the local area and its culture.
- Learn About the History – Visit Blakeney Guildhall, a Grade I listed building, to learn about the history of the area.
- Visit the Local Pubs – Enjoy a refreshing drink at one of the local pubs in the area such as The Fisherman's Return in Blakeney or The Anchor Inn in Wiveton.
- Visit the Local Markets – Explore the local markets in Blakeney and Cley, where you can buy locally produced delicacies such as Blakeney Red Herring and Blakeney Smokies.
- Visit the Local Shops – Take a stroll around the local shops in Blakeney and Cley to pick up souvenirs of your trip.
- Participate in Watersports – Take part in watersports such as sailing, kayaking and windsurfing at Blakeney Harbour.
- Enjoy Local Produce – Sample local delicacies such as Blakeney Red Herring, Blakeney Smokies and Stiffkey Blue from the local fishmongers.
- Take a Cycle Ride – Enjoy a leisurely cycle ride along the unspoiled Norfolk coast, taking in the beautiful views.
- Explore the Local Churches – Visit the local churches in the area such as St Mary's in Blakeney or All Saints in Cley to explore the local religious history.
- Go for a Walk – Take a walk along the coastal path or explore the countryside on foot.
There are many things to see and do near Blakeney Quay. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!