If you're planning a visit to Wells Bar, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Explore Wells-Next-the-Sea – Wells-Next-the-Sea is a charming seaside town located on the North Norfolk coast, offering stunning views of the sea, sand and sky. Here, you can take a leisurely stroll along the beach, enjoy a boat trip out on the water, or explore the town's many shops, cafes and pubs.
- Visit Holkham Hall – Holkham Hall is a magnificent 18th-century country house, set in beautiful parkland. Take a guided tour of the house and its grounds, marvel at the grand interiors, and explore the many monuments, gardens and sculptures scattered throughout the estate.
- Enjoy a day at the beach – Wells-Next-the-Sea has some of the most beautiful beaches in Norfolk. Spend the day sunbathing, swimming, building sandcastles, and exploring the many rock pools along the shoreline.
- Visit the Wells and Walsingham Light Railway – The Wells and Walsingham Light Railway is a unique steam railway that takes visitors on a scenic journey through the stunning Norfolk countryside. Enjoy a traditional steam train ride, and take in the beautiful views along the way.
- Take a boat trip – Wells-Next-the-Sea is home to a number of boat trips, ranging from gentle river cruises to exhilarating speedboat rides. Soak up the sunshine and the stunning views of the coast, and discover the local wildlife on a boat trip from Wells.
- Explore the harbour – Wells Harbour is a picturesque fishing harbour, where you can watch the fishermen bring in their catch, or take in the views of the town and the surrounding area.
- Visit the Quay – The Quay at Wells is a great spot for a day out, with its many restaurants, cafes and shops. Take a stroll around the quay, shop for souvenirs, or simply sit back and enjoy the views of the harbour.
- Admire the architecture – Wells-Next-the-Sea is a town steeped in history, and is home to a number of impressive Georgian, Victorian and Edwardian buildings. Take a stroll around the town, and admire the architecture.
- Visit the beach huts – Wells-Next-the-Sea is home to some of the most colourful and unique beach huts in the world. Take a stroll along the beach and admire the bright colours of the beach huts, or even hire one for the day and enjoy the views from the beach.
- Take a nature walk – Wells-Next-the-Sea is surrounded by stunning countryside, and is home to a number of nature reserves and walking trails. Take a stroll through the countryside and explore the local wildlife.
- Visit Pensthorpe Nature Reserve – Pensthorpe Nature Reserve is located just a few miles from Wells-Next-the-Sea, and is a great spot for a day out. Take a guided tour of the reserve, and marvel at the wildlife and landscapes.
- Visit the museums – Wells-Next-the-Sea is home to a number of interesting museums, including the Wells Maritime Museum and the Wells and Walsingham Light Railway Museum.
- Enjoy a meal at the local pubs – Wells-Next-the-Sea is home to some great pubs, serving up traditional British pub grub and real ales. Pop in for a pint and a bite to eat, and enjoy the warm atmosphere.
- Explore the nearby towns – Wells-Next-the-Sea is surrounded by some of the most charming towns in Norfolk, such as Burnham Market, Hunstanton and Blakeney. Take a day trip to explore the towns and their attractions.
- Take a cycle ride – Wells-Next-the-Sea is surrounded by some of the most picturesque cycling routes in the area. Take a leisurely cycle ride around the countryside, and explore the local area.
- Visit the National Trust sites – Wells-Next-the-Sea is home to a number of National Trust sites, including Blickling Hall and Felbrigg Hall. Take a tour of the houses and explore the gardens, and discover the history of the area.
There are many things to see and do near Wells Bar. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!