If you're planning a visit to Loddon, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Visit Burgh Castle – A large Roman fort located just off the coast of Great Yarmouth. The fort was built in the 3rd century and is now a great spot to explore, with a visitor centre, café, and the remains of several Roman structures.
- Explore the Norfolk Broads – A network of navigable rivers, marshes and lakes in Norfolk, the Broads are great for a variety of activities, from sailing and kayaking to fishing and bird watching.
- Visit Loddon Nature Reserve – A beautiful area of wetland, meadows, and woodland, the Nature Reserve is home to a variety of wildlife and offers a great chance to get up close and personal with nature.
- Visit the Loddon Mill – A grade II listed windmill, the Mill is a great spot for a day out. It's open to the public and offers tours, as well as a café and gift shop.
- Take a Stroll Along the River Chet – A tranquil and picturesque spot for a walk, the River Chet is a great place to take a leisurely stroll.
- Take a Trip to Beccles – A large market town, Beccles offers a variety of attractions and activities, from shops and restaurants to historic churches and a museum.
- Visit the Red Rooster Brewery – A craft brewery located in nearby Bungay, the brewery offers tours and tastings, as well as a shop and a café.
- Visit the Waveney Valley – The Waveney Valley is a great place to explore, with a variety of wildlife, scenic views, and plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities.
- Explore the Norfolk Coast – The Norfolk coast offers a range of activities, from sailing and fishing to bird watching and beachcombing.
- Visit Haddiscoe Island – A nature reserve and bird sanctuary, Haddiscoe Island is a great spot for a day out. It's home to a variety of wildlife and offers plenty of opportunities for photography and bird watching.
- Take a Trip to Norwich – A large city, Norwich offers a range of things to do, from shopping and dining to visiting historic sites and art galleries.
- Visit Burlingham Woods – A large woodland area, Burlingham Woods is a great spot for a peaceful stroll. It's home to a variety of wildlife and offers plenty of opportunities for bird watching.
- Go Fishing at Waveney Valley Lakes – A network of lakes in the heart of the Waveney Valley, these lakes offer a great chance to cast your line and try your luck at fishing.
- Tour the Norfolk & Suffolk Aviation Museum – A museum dedicated to aviation, the Norfolk & Suffolk Aviation Museum is a great spot for a day out. It offers a variety of exhibits and activities, as well as a café and gift shop.
- Visit the Loddon Preservation Centre – A former RAF base, the Preservation Centre is a great spot to learn about the history of the area, with a variety of exhibits and displays.
There are many things to see and do near Loddon. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!