Burgh Castle tide times
Burgh Castle tide times
Things to see and do near Burgh Castle
If you're planning a visit to Burgh Castle, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Explore Burgh Castle - Burgh Castle, located near Great Yarmouth, is an iconic part of Norfolk’s history. Once a Roman fort, the castle has been standing for more than 1,600 years and provides visitors with stunning views of the Norfolk countryside. There are plenty of opportunities to explore the castle grounds and its many ruins, including the castle’s keep, chapel and other defensive structures.
- Visit the Burgh Castle Visitor Centre - The Burgh Castle Visitor Centre offers a wealth of information about the castle’s history and its connection to the Romans. Visitors can learn about the Roman army, the fort’s defences, and the people who lived and worked in the fort.
- Enjoy a Picnic - Burgh Castle is a great place to enjoy a picnic. Its stunning views of the Norfolk countryside and its tranquil atmosphere make it a perfect spot to relax and enjoy a meal with friends and family.
- Take a Nature Walk - There are plenty of nature walks to be enjoyed in Burgh Castle. The castle grounds are home to a variety of wildlife, including birds, deer, badgers and foxes.
- Visit the Broads - The Broads are a network of rivers and lakes located near Burgh Castle. Take a boat trip on the River Waveney or take a walk around the lakes to enjoy the beautiful scenery.
- Visit the Great Yarmouth Racecourse - The Great Yarmouth Racecourse is located just a few miles from Burgh Castle and offers a great day out for all the family. Watch live horse racing or enjoy the summer evening racing events.
- Visit the Norfolk Broads National Park - The Norfolk Broads National Park is located near Burgh Castle and offers visitors a unique opportunity to explore the area’s stunning wetlands. Enjoy a boat trip or take a walk along the network of rivers and lakes.
- Take a Tour of Great Yarmouth - Great Yarmouth is a historic town located just a few miles from Burgh Castle. Take a guided tour of the town to learn about its fascinating history, or explore the town’s many attractions, such as the Sea Life Centre and the historic Nelson Museum.
- Visit the Caister Castle - Caister Castle is located near Great Yarmouth and is one of the best-preserved medieval castles in England. Take a tour of the castle’s grounds or explore its museum to learn about its fascinating history.
- Visit the Somerleyton Hall - Somerleyton Hall is located near Great Yarmouth and is one of the finest examples of Tudor architecture in the country. Take a tour of the house, or explore its gardens and parkland.
- Visit the BeWILDerwood - The BeWILDerwood is a unique adventure park located near Great Yarmouth. Visitors can enjoy a variety of activities such as tree-top walks, zip lines and boat rides.
- Take a Boat Trip on the Norfolk Broads - Take a boat trip on the Norfolk Broads to enjoy the stunning views of the area’s wetlands and waterways.
- Visit the Blakeney National Nature Reserve - The Blakeney National Nature Reserve is located near Burgh Castle and is a haven for wildlife. Enjoy a boat trip to explore the area’s islands or take a walk to spot the area’s many birds.
- Visit the Norfolk Coast Path - The Norfolk Coast Path is a scenic route that stretches from Hunstanton to Cromer. Enjoy a walk along the path to take in the stunning views of the area’s coastline.
- Visit the Horsey Windpump - The Horsey Windpump is a unique windpump located near Great Yarmouth. Take a tour of the windpump or explore the area’s dunes and marshes.
- Visit the Somerleyton Estate - The Somerleyton Estate is located near Great Yarmouth and covers more than 1700 acres of parkland. Take a guided tour of the estate to learn about its history, or explore its gardens, parkland, and lakes.
There are many things to see and do near Burgh Castle. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!