If you're planning a visit to Norwich, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Blickling Hall – Blickling Hall is an impressive Jacobean-style country house in Norfolk that was once the home of Anne Boleyn. It is surrounded by a beautiful parkland and gardens, and visitors can explore the house, gardens and grounds.
- Norwich Cathedral – Norwich Cathedral is a magnificent Norman cathedral with a history dating back to 1096. It is the second largest Norman cathedral in England, and visitors can explore the cathedral, its crypt and its cloisters.
- Norwich Castle Museum & Art Gallery – This museum and art gallery is housed in a Norman castle and is home to a large collection of objects, artworks and artefacts. The museum also offers a range of interactive displays and activities.
- Norfolk Broads – The Norfolk Broads is a network of rivers, lakes, marshes and canals located in the east of England. It is an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and visitors can enjoy a range of activities such as boat trips, fishing and nature walks.
- Norwich Market – Norwich Market is one of the oldest and largest open-air markets in England. It is a great place to shop for fresh local produce and crafts, and it is also home to a range of cafes and restaurants.
- Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts – The Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts is a world-renowned museum and gallery located in the University of East Anglia. It is home to a large collection of artworks from around the world, and visitors can also explore the sculpture garden and contemporary art gallery.
- Plantation Garden – The Plantation Garden is a Victorian walled garden located in the centre of Norwich. It is a tranquil oasis with a range of plants, trees and sculptures, and visitors can also enjoy a range of activities such as live music and theatre performances.
- Cow Tower – The Cow Tower is a 14th century defensive tower located in the centre of Norwich. It is a Scheduled Ancient Monument, and visitors can explore the tower and the surrounding parkland.
- Norfolk Coast – The Norfolk Coast is a beautiful stretch of coastline located in the east of England. It is home to a range of wildlife and habitats, and visitors can enjoy a range of activities such as walking, cycling, fishing and bird watching.
- Norwich Arts Centre – Norwich Arts Centre is an independent venue that hosts a range of live music, theatre and film events. It is also home to a range of studios and workshops, and visitors can explore the galleries and exhibitions.
- Pensthorpe Natural Park – Pensthorpe Natural Park is a nature reserve located in the Norfolk countryside. It is home to a range of habitats and wildlife, and visitors can learn about the importance of conservation and explore the education centre.
- Dragon Hall – Dragon Hall is a stunning 15th century medieval trading hall located in Norwich. It is a Scheduled Ancient Monument, and visitors can explore the hall and its surrounding gardens.
- Whitlingham Country Park – Whitlingham Country Park is a large park located near Norwich. It is home to a range of habitats, and visitors can enjoy a range of activities such as walking, cycling, fishing and bird watching.
- Bewilderwood – Bewilderwood is an adventure park located in the Norfolk countryside. It is home to a range of activities and attractions, and visitors can explore the treehouses, mazes and zip wires.
There are many things to see and do near Norwich. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!