Cley tide times
Cley tide times
Things to see and do near Cley
If you're planning a visit to Cley, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Visit Cley Windmill – Cley Windmill is a tourist attraction near Cley in Norfolk, England. It is a Grade II listed building and dates back to the 16th century. Visitors can explore the windmill, its grounds, and the surrounding marshland.
- Explore Cley Marshes Nature Reserve – At the Cley Marshes Nature Reserve, visitors can explore the wetland areas and the nearby coastal environment. There are a variety of trails to walk, bird-watching hides, and a visitor center with a café.
- Enjoy a picnic at Cley Beach – Cley Beach is a shingle beach located near the village of Cley. Enjoy a picnic or take a stroll along the beach, or perhaps even swim if the conditions are right.
- Tour the Blakeney Freshes – The Blakeney Freshes is a large wetland in Norfolk and is home to a variety of wildlife, including birds, otters, and even seals. Take a guided tour to learn more about the area and its inhabitants.
- Visit the Blakeney Point Nature Reserve – Blakeney Point Nature Reserve is located near Cley and is home to a variety of birds, including the common tern, Arctic tern, and Sandwich tern. Take a boat trip to explore the area and its inhabitants.
- Explore Holkham Hall – Holkham Hall is an 18th century country house located near Cley. Take a tour of the house and its grounds, and visit the walled gardens, and the Holkham National Nature Reserve.
- Take a boat trip on the River Glaven – The River Glaven runs through Cley and is a great way to explore the local area. Take a boat trip and enjoy the scenery and wildlife, or perhaps even try your hand at some fishing.
- Visit the Norfolk Wildlife Trust – The Norfolk Wildlife Trust is located near Cley and is a great place to learn more about the local wildlife. Visit the visitor centre, take a guided tour, or even attend one of their events.
- Enjoy a walk around Wiveton Hall – Wiveton Hall is a grade II listed Georgian manor house located near Cley. Enjoy a stroll around the grounds and take in the local scenery, or visit the walled garden.
- Visit Binham Priory – Binham Priory is a ruined Benedictine monastery located near Cley. Explore the ruins and learn about the history of the site, or take a guided tour.
- Enjoy a walk along the North Norfolk Coast Path – The North Norfolk Coast Path runs along the coast near Cley and is a great way to explore the local area. Enjoy a stroll along the path and take in the stunning views.
- Visit Wells Next the Sea – Wells Next the Sea is a small coastal town located near Cley. Take a stroll along the beach, visit the shops, or take a ride on the Wells Harbour Railway.
- Take a guided tour of Stiffkey Marshes – Stiffkey Marshes is a wetland near Cley and is a great place to explore the local wildlife. Take a guided tour and learn more about the area and its inhabitants.
- Visit the Blakeney National Nature Reserve – The Blakeney National Nature Reserve is located near Cley and is a great place to explore the local wildlife. Take a guided tour or explore the area on your own.
- Visit the Wells and Walsingham Light Railway – The Wells and Walsingham Light Railway is a heritage railway located near Cley. Take a ride on the railway and explore the local area.
- Visit Holkham National Nature Reserve – Holkham National Nature Reserve is located near Cley and is home to a variety of birds, mammals, and plants. Take a guided tour or explore the area on your own.
There are many things to see and do near Cley. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!