If you're planning a visit to Horsey, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Eat at the Jolly Fisherman Pub – Enjoy a delicious meal at the Jolly Fisherman Pub, located in the historic village of Horsey. With a variety of locally-sourced dishes and a great selection of drinks, it's the perfect place to relax and refuel.
- Visit Horsey Windpump – Take a stroll around Horsey Windpump, a 19th-century drainage mill located on the edge of the Broads National Park. The windpump is one of the last remaining examples of marshland drainage technology and is open to the public from April to October.
- Explore Horsey Beach – Explore the stunning Horsey Beach, located just a stone's throw away from the village. The beach is a great place to spot local wildlife, and is a popular spot for walking, swimming and beachcombing.
- Enjoy a Boat Trip on the Norfolk Broads – Take a leisurely boat trip on the Norfolk Broads, exploring the area's stunning waterways and visiting a range of charming villages. The Broads are renowned for their beautiful scenery and wildlife, making it a great place to relax and unwind.
- Visit Horsey Mere Nature Reserve – Take a trip to Horsey Mere Nature Reserve, located just outside of the village. The reserve is home to a wide variety of aquatic birds and other wildlife, and is a great place to go for a peaceful stroll.
- Visit Hickling Broad – Explore the beautiful Hickling Broad, a National Nature Reserve located a short drive away from Horsey. The Broad is a great place to spot wildlife, and a variety of activities are available, such as sailing, fishing and canoeing.
- Take a Coastal Walk – Take a leisurely stroll along the stunning coastline, taking in the breathtaking views of the North Sea. The walk is a great way to explore the area and also provides the perfect opportunity to spot some of the local wildlife.
- Explore Horsey Island – Visit Horsey Island, a small island located just off the coast of the village. The island is a great place to explore, and is home to a variety of wildlife, making it the perfect place to go for a peaceful walk.
- Watch the Horsey Seals – Take a trip to Horsey beach and watch the colony of seals that call the beach home. The seals can be seen playing and sunbathing on the beach, and they are a great sight to behold.
- Visit the Nelson Museum – Head to the Nelson Museum in the village of Horsey and learn more about the famous British admiral, Horatio Nelson. The museum has a wide range of artifacts, models and paintings, and is a great place to learn more about the history of the area.
- Visit Thurne Windmill – Take a trip to Thurne Windmill, located just outside of Horsey. The windmill is one of the few remaining examples of its kind in the area, and is open to the public from April to October.
- Take a Wildlife Safari – Take a wildlife safari around the area and spot a variety of local animals, such as deer, otters, badgers and foxes. The safari is a great way to get up close and personal with some of the area's most fascinating creatures.
- Enjoy an Afternoon Tea – Spend a leisurely afternoon enjoying a traditional English afternoon tea at one of the local cafes or tea shops. With a selection of delicious cakes, sandwiches and pastries, it's the perfect way to relax and unwind.
- Visit the Horsey Staithe – Visit the Horsey Staithe, a small harbour located just outside of the village. The staithe is a great place to watch the boats come and go, and is also home to a variety of birds and other wildlife.
- Visit the Horsey Gap Nature Reserve – Take a trip to the Horsey Gap Nature Reserve, located just outside of the village. The reserve is home to a variety of birds and other wildlife, and is a great place to explore and admire the natural beauty of the area.
There are many things to see and do near Horsey. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!